Thursday, May 14, 2009

Learning from wrong answers

I went through and calculated the number of MBEs I have completed to date which is 500 and then I calculated my accuracy. I am averaging 71% over all 6 subjects which is right on target for being approximately 2 months from the bar exam.

The point is not to be discouraged on the number of questions you are missing but rather focus on learning from those questions you got wrong.

Generally there are a few reasons for missing a question:

Did you read the question wrong? If so was it because you were going too fast? The remedy for this is probably the easiest, slow down and focus.

Another common reason for getting a question wrong - you simply did not know the answer or the rule. Take time to read the entire answer and make a flash card. Writing the rule or law will help reinforce it in your memory.

Then there are the really frustrating questions that were just poorly written. There will be some of those and you just need to try to take what you can from it and move on. An example would be the question where all 4 answers are wrong but you have to pick the most likely or the best.

The more MBEs you do the better you will get so keep up the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment